RCU Forums - View Single Post - Landing foamies w/out LG and preventing prop damage?
Old 01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
WhtBronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Landing foamies w/out LG and preventing prop damage?

Well I would like to grab it outta of a hover as well, but I can't hover that well yet. I can hold it in a hover, but I cannot make it go where I want it to yet while hoverng.

I actually swapped the Efilte prop for an APC prop because the Eflite was flexing so much in flight it concerned me. During loops it was flexing really bad. I could try the Eflite again, but now with even more power I don't think I'd keep using it.

Most of the flights on this plane are in front of my house. Tall grass is not an option. I must say that I am actually nervous about grabbing this plane outta the air at all, it is so flimsy. This being said I have been catching gliders for 15 years now, so I am not concerned about catching planes in general. I am even worried about breaking this little plane carrying it outside to fly it. Probably more worried than I should be though.

Anyway, I may try the carbon fiber strip on the bottom and remove the gear. Course I cannot put the gear back on again if I do that. Maybe I should get another and try this first. My Efilte Ultimate glides like a brick so I am not real keen on landing with the power off.

Thanks all.