RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Kits Recently Purchased
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Dick Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Kits Recently Purchased

I have been flying the Goldberg Chipmunk for years and it remains one of my best flying airplanes. I am now building the Goldberg Sukhoi that I just purchased before Christmas. I have most of the frame work done and have found little to complain about with this kit. I did find that the fire wall was marked with the line for the engine offset wrong. They tell you that the V should be at the top. If you put the V in the firewall at the top the engine line is left center. In every other airplane that I have build the right thrust line is always at the right as you are looking at the firewall. I remarked it and preceeded. I also had difficulties mounting my engine mount for a 150 Saito that I will use for power. The firewall is small but with a little adjustment worked fine. The landing gear is mounted in the fuse, and I am sure will be strong enough to absorb any of my hard landings. I did use triangle stock to reinforce the landing gear area. The only thing that I am troubled about is what servos to use. Although I do not put 3 D stress on the plane I do some acrobatics and think that I should use servos with more torque than the standard servos. Does anyone have suggestion on what servos to use. I do not want to spend a lot of money on servos.

Dick Smith