RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
trroscoe
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!

DP

The only reason that I am using a 3W-24 instead of the Zenoah G-26 is because I already had one avaliable to me for a cheaper cost. It saved me some money and it is a lighter and stronger running engine. If not for this fact I would have gotten the G-26. All of the post's here on RCU are what made me go with the Ultra Stick Lite 120 with a gas engine combo. I have been looking for a cheap alternative to the large gas planes used for IMAC. I have 2 other gas planes one is a Wildhare extra 300 special with a DA-50 on it and the other is a 25% ultimate biplane with a brison 2.4 on it. I love both planes but wanted something that I could throw in the back of the truck and take to the field and not worry about beating it up. I also wanted something that had the performance to practice the IMAC basic and sportsman sequences with. I think that the Ultra stick will fit the bill nicely. If not I will have tons of fun with it anyway. I really enjoyed reading your posts about the ultra stick. Sounds like you have lots of experience with them. Have you ever used the quad flap setup. I am thinking that I will just use the full length ailerons. I have the flaps on my 60 size stick but never use them. I cut 3 inches off of the nose and modified the firewall like Chris did on his. I will try mounting the servo's in the tray and see how it balances like that first. If I have to add any weight to it I will just move the servo's to the tail.

Rick