RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 05:04 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!

I hear you.. if I had one laying around or could have gotten it cheap.. I would have gone the same route.. the 3W-24 is one of my favorite engines... !!

When you get it flying I would like to know how you like it and what your final weight is...

I got the stick for the same reason.. something to toss in the back of the truck and beat on anywhere..

As far as the quad flaps - they are useless.. don't waste your time or the weight on them. I had them on my first one, and while somewhat entertaining doing crow landings, it was not worth the weight of the extra servos. I still have the quad flap wing, but have never used it on the new stick.

The solid ailerons are much more responsive and more fun to fly on. Flaps in general are a waste on this bird.. it literally is airborne in 10 feet on the gasser and landings are spot on in 40 feet. I routinely fly out of a field adjacent to my building in N central Phoenix.... the landing area is no bigger than 80x40 feet.. stall landings are very easy when you have a very light plane!!

DP