RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA rule?
Thread: AMA rule?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 12:04 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA rule?

Good, and while you are at it you might make some rules to protect all the working seniors that keep the club going while the rest of you free load on their efforts
Red, most of my flying buddies are seniors. Most of my friends are seniors. Seniors can be the sweetest, dearest, and wisest people in anyone's life.
And you are absolutely correct that seniors run most of the clubs.

If they want to run the club and it makes them happy, it just fine with me. And I quietly giggle as they spend the clubs money on stove tops and refrigerators and outhouse wallpaper. You see red, that is the pay off. While I am at work paying social security and medicare taxes, they get to piddle all day at the field if they like. They can fix it up just like home if they want. We give them that. And everyone understands that everyone is paying into society in some way.

But abnormal behavior that threatens my (senior) friends is not acceptable. And club officers, usually seniors, are not always able to act like police.

When a mature person suddenly begins to steal and fight, something is wrong with them. And both of these behaviors in a mature person can be symptoms of an underlying illness. Typically the next symptom is mild dementia. A person exhibiting these behaviors should probably not be flying anymore. Let them pick the wallpaper. And if they think that is unfair, let them sit at home. I would also recommend contacting a family member and making them aware of the behavior.