RCU Forums - View Single Post - Miracle epp
Thread: Miracle epp
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM
mikenmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miracle epp

i have a potensky eagle also. it was my fist plane that i had to build and i must say i was a little intimadated with all the stuff they left up to me to build. after looking at the directions 3 or 4 times and raeding as much as i could find on the web i rolled up my sleeves and dove in. the whole build took about 15 hours [remember its my first build]. something else to keep in mind is this is my first aileron plane. i bought this plane because it looks like it could take a crash or 2 and also its fairly slow flyin speed. after spending so much time building i was nervos to say the laest to fly it. now that i have flone it 5 times without a problem i must say im very very happy with this plane its now very easy for me to fly it, im finding myself getting braver with every flight coming closer to the ground and doing more trix. the first time i flu it my buddy chris did the old "man i gotta have one too" but he didnt want the same thing so he bought the mericle epp with a pjs 800 external roter with a big ol ly-poly batt. now we thought the same thing you did, it looked easy to build compared to the potensky, not so. it took us 20 to 25 hours to complete, everythig had to be cut into place like servos motor rx, i did not like the contole surface hinges,they seem to add alot of friction and wieght i think the taped hinges on the potensy are much smoother and offer more deflction. anywho he flew it yesterday for about 30 seconds and chrashed into a tree he could not get it trimed fast enough and with the higher speeds the tree walked right into the plane [here in ct the trees do that]. if you ask me the potensky you already have is a great plane you should just do it i also like the miracle but i think the longer build time and higher speeds need more expereanced hands [all in do time]. just my 2-cents.