RCU Forums - View Single Post - Foam vs. Gasser
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foam vs. Gasser

3D foam planes weight to thrust ratio along with large control surfaces make for an interesting combination of flying[8D]. Along with their light wing loading and flight characteristics and abilities to do most 3D manuvers with ease for a fraction of the cost of others..Doing risky and low manevers can be extremely costly but on the foam models a mishap can usually mean just a bit of glueing or a prop or gearbox shaft replacement..

There's times I'd risk a less costly plane than one that cost 10 times as much..The smallers planes can hone your flying skills that will transistion to larger planes as well..Defitnetly cause for the foamies and gas counterparts..

If noise-space restricts flying areas the foamies are a good solution..as some can be flown in a gym as well as outdoors.The foam plane can condition- enhance muscle memory and coordination for flying larger gas planes also..

Foamies are not meant for higher speed the gas planes are capable of, and there's nothing like a scale plane going through its paces..I like both..For perf. both deliver, but for cosmetic appeal the gas plane win on that one..I always find myself admiring a full fuse plane or a gasser with a smoke system..

Be hard to choose just one, as both have there places in this full-filling fun hobby..Fly both and excel