RCU Forums - View Single Post - What does you Funtana 90 weigh?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 02:25 PM
TOYMAKER
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What does you Funtana 90 weigh?

ICE MAN,

You gotta get it built man its a blast with this engine.
I broke mine in on a test stand and ran about 1/2 gallon through it till it held a good idle. Whne you break it in run the first tank through very rich and do not run up to full throttle but vary the speed. On the second tank open to full throttle on a rich needle setting and slowly lean till it almost peaks then richen back up again. This will keep it plenty cool while setting the ring. My engine has nearly 350 flights on it from when it was in my pattern plane and it has the original ring and bearing. Mine came out at 9lbs 12 oz with the mods. I am going to add 1" to the rudder as I did think was effective enough.

Since I took these photo's I have put in pull/pull rudder and moved the throttle servo behind the firewall. I am using a 16 oz fuel tank behind the wing tube but I am also running a pump. If you are using the stock carb put the tank behind the firewall and go to this website www.rcaerobats.net for more info on the ST2300 and on www.rcaerobats.net/uniflow_tank_setup.htm link for the proper fuel tank setup. I now have only 2.5 oz of lead attached to the mount.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53022.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	214144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14465.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	214145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66113.jpg
Views:	9