RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60

I just bought one, and am still in the finishing stages.. I've been rather disappointed with it to be honest. I've got a list of missing hardware, the instructions are just plain wrong in some steps, and the covering was in poor shape when I received the plane, adhesive lots of adhesive all over the plane, several areas where the parts rubbed together in the box are now permanently dull. If I were to do it again I would buy the DP ultimate and spend the extra $99..

I'm using a YS 1.20, not sure how much room is required for a smoke system but I think it can be done. I ditched the elevator pushrod and put in two elevator servos and two separate pushrods, I had to install brackets throughout the fuse to the back so they wouldn't flex.

My horizontal stab is 1/4" higher on one side than the other. This may have been my fault while assembling it but I'm not sure how I would have been able to correct it anyway because it's such a tight fit.

I built one from a kit about 10 years ago and it was a great flyer, everyone says this plane (the arf) is great in the air... hopefully it won't disappoint... I'm rather bummed right now because I had higher hopes for it, but hey it was designed over a decade ago and it looks like they not changed a thing..