RCU Forums - View Single Post - FuntanaS 90-Weak control horn
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 10:01 AM
TOYMAKER
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FuntanaS 90-Weak control horn

These are all good ideas.

PUT the ball joint on the servo control arm and take the stand off out of the system. This stand off is not needed and it just puts the ball further away from the control horn contributing to the twisting torque that occurs in this area. If you can or have room or your servo control arm will allow, put the ball on the underside of the control horn.

THROW AWAY the 4-40 metal clevis'. They are junk!!! they are loose and the are prone to vibrating loose even with the lock nut. The first time I
snugged up the lock nut the clevis stripped or moved on the rod. Even when I had a fairly good one there is still slop in the clevis.

DO USE Dubro nylon self threading clevis that has the little lock clip on the side. I have used these on all my 1.40 size ships with never a problem.
The stock control horns are OK if you use this setup. If there is any sideways movement after the clevis is hooked up juse put a #2 washer on the clevis pin and this will tighten it up.

For the ultimate in control horn hookups you could opt to install MK ball bearing clevis. A little pricey but you will never wear one out. They are available through Central Hobbies.

At this point if there is any slop in the linkage it most likely in the servo gears.

WAYNE