RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 150 Size P-51
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 09:20 PM
SpudRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 150 Size P-51

Just a quick update on my progress,

1. I've gotten good enough on the sim program to fly for real and will take out my Nexstar as soon as weather permits.
2. I've managed to cut far enough into the wheelwells to install a set of Robart 531RS retracts with 663 struts, yet still mount the gear doors flush. Now all I have to do to finish the gear is to rebuild the rails using (hardwood or balsa) new wood epoxied into place. I welcome suggestions as to the choice of wood. I can snap a few photos, but will need help learning how to download them to the web site. Once the gear are done, the rest of the assembly should go rather quickly.
3. As for the flap servo problem, I found a company in Canada (BackyardFlying.com) that produces a reversing y-harness that I have been able to incorperate into my wing. Both flaps now run off a single channel and both flaps move equally. Thanks for all the advise on solving that problem.
4. I've got my propeller/spinner assembly in the mail. The prop is a solo 3-blade prop with adjustible pitch. It is pretty hefty in weight, hope I can balance the plane with the batteries in the tail without having to add more weight to the plane.

Tom