RCU Forums - View Single Post - Duratrax FireHammer Good Or Bad ???
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Fire_hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duratrax FireHammer Good Or Bad ???

I recently got the firehammer and over all am pleased with it. I was very impressed with the durability of this car. The only thing that I am disappointed with is the lack of info that can be found on the car.

When I researched the car I could not find out how fast it can go? All the ads would said is that it's fast, powerful and HUGE ! Well, thanks for stating the obvious. So I Purchased it based on the fact that it had a 2 cycle engine. I figured it should go at least 50 MPH out of the box, right? To be honest I don't think it does? I've adjusted the high speed needle and got it to run a little faster. But compared to my Savage .25 (stock) My savage is faster. I'm a little disappointed, however I do have a ray of hope. I'm hoping that I do not have tweeked properly. Can someone tell me if this is the case? Does anyone know the top speed of this car without redoing the exhaust or engine. I just want to know the base speed of the car and can do modifications later.

I got a small packet of info with the car but it doesn't recommend what octane of fuel to use. I assumed 83 the lowest so I wouldn't burn out the engine. Can I use a higher octane with the 2 cycle oil?

What's the setting for the high speed needle? The instructions say that "it may need a small adjustment" If that's the case then I am despointed for spending the cash. Too slow.

If I had to guess, it goes maybe 35 to 40?

As for snow, because it's 2 wheel drive it's hard to control. However if there is more than an inch the car get's stuck.

Any info that can be offered would be much appreciated !!!!

Thanks !