RCU Forums - View Single Post - bought a firebird scout, good looking plane
Old 01-29-2005, 10:01 PM
rcfsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bought a firebird scout, good looking plane

And now a word about the seller of these great little airplanes....HobbyZone.
I received my Scout the first week of December 2004 and immediately began "flight training" at a local park. The winds at 7:00 in the morning were very quiet and the temps were 60+...just right for a light plane. After about 10 flights during the course of several weeks, the servo developed a jitter that refused to allow a left turn. I called the HobbyZone customer service rep (Chris) who instructed me to send it in and they would take a look at it. I re-packed the plane in the original cartons and UPS'd it to them. Less than 2 weeks later I received a brand new replacement plane. They had sent a new plane even though as we all know, the guarantees on these little jewels, expire when you launch it the first time (read it for yourself). At the very least I had expected to have to pay for a new fuse since the electronics are unreachable without cutting the body apart. What a pleasant surprise they gave me. My next plane will be a larger Firebird ordered from HobbyZone.....once I learn enough control to stop flying into soccer goal nets and chain link fences. Seriously though, my hats off to the good people and service at HobbyZone.

Bob