RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next Generation
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Ahab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Next Generation

whilst I dont aggree with tagsRovers assertion that there isnt a "serious" mini on the market yet.
I would say that going by the quality of parts on the stock losi mini-t, Losi have either made the mini-t from inferior components or their standards are generaly quite low.

The Mini-T was groundbreaking when it was released, but having got one it seems to have been cobbled together with substandard parts. There are the turnbuckles that bend in a slight breeze, the stock tyres that were showing wear from the first AA battery pack, the plastic parts that seem very willing to snap. Thats not to mention the use of totally non-standard electronic hardware, and pretty shoddy non-standard hardware at that. - dont even get me started on the stock "shocks"...

Losi seem to have had the hope of aftermarket part sales in the front of its mind with almost every choice they made on the design of the mini-t. - nearly every one has problems with their stock steering servo, but just try and get a reply from losi customer support if you mail them about it. The tires wear FAR too quickly - to get you to buy more. A cynic might suggest that the stock motor is deliberatly a bit weak to try and sell the sport motor...you get the picture.

don't get me wrong, I love my Losi Mini-T, but the sooner I can replace all the Losi bits, the happier i will be...