RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is best 'House Paint' to use? And, anything special used for Airbrush thinning?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:42 PM
SpitfireMKI
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is best 'House Paint' to use? And, anything special used for Airbrush thinning?

You'd be real surprised how rock solid interior becomes after an afternoon in the sun. Durability is not a problem, and like I said, the fisheye will disappear with a second coat. It's not a major problem, just a hinderance.

I'm hoping someone has had the same problem and has found a solution.

In addition, I have noticed that warming the paint and gun before I spray helps a bit and that the fisheyes seem to appear right at the start of spraying. But no real pattern to be able to put a finger on the cause. My best guess is condensation at the spray tip. Once the water dries, it's easily covered with the next coat.

I have used the same paint on 13' span UAV's with no problem at all. The paint is mixed rather crudely, sprayed on without much worry for detail and overspray. I do not recall fisheyes on any of the 30+ I built and others I worked on.

Of course, painting a scale model is on a smaller scale and more emphasis is put into making it look real nice. The UAVs looked real good but not scale quality, although they are in fact scale 'warbirds' serving as we chat....

S1