RCU Forums - View Single Post - Damn trees
Thread: Damn trees
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 01:41 AM
wal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Damn trees

Someone should blow trees up, only kidding.

It’s hard to pick the damage with these trucks, I was running mine in and it got away from me. It only ran about 4 meters and hit my front gate, the truck just stopped. I put it in reverse and backed away from the gate only to see bits of shock absorber on the grass, I had broken a shock shaft.

A couple of days later I was doing some road testing and zigged when I should of zagged and hit a 3 inch plastic pipe full of concrete at nearly full throttle. The truck bounced about three feet into the air spun around twice and landed on its top. I put it back on its wheels did a quick suspension check off she went. The next day I purchased a sway bar set for the truck, when I went to install it I noticed that it was missing a section of the lower suspension arm.

Fortunately my local hobby shop is well stocked with spares and it doesn’t take long to get back on the road, one thing I have done is order the proper Losi tools, that silly little allen key set you get with the truck just won’t fit correctly in my big hands.

They are tough but not unbreakable.

Have a great day.