RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:33 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60

UPDATE!

Maidened the Ultimate today. I ended up adding 3oz of weight to the tail, going with separate elevator servos, changed the pushrods for elevator to Sullivan semi-flex. YS started right up no problems, low end seemed pretty well set ( I just got it back from YS service and they did a GREAT job on this engine) Set the high speed needle and off she went. 2 clicks of right and 2 clicks of down had her flying hands off strait and level. The YS was rumbling along nicely running just a header with no muffler. Ahhh what a sound!!! Anyway a couple circuits, some hammerheads, split-S, checked stall characteristics and in for landing. .... this thing lands soooo nice, just bring her in with a click or two of power and go to idle just above the runway and it settled in for the most gentle landing I've ever made. Sweet!!

Second flight I tried some knife edge and it seems to require a lot of roll coupling and quite a bit of up elevator. I need to change the pushrods from the bottom wing to the top for ailerons to 4-40 rod, the 2-56 bends too easily. Vertical was unlimited with an APC 16x6.

I'm quite happy with it. Still a bit disappointed with the condition it arrived in but really happy with the end results.