RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flair Puppeteer Trust Angles
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 11:09 AM
V2PLUS10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flair Puppeteer Trust Angles

I did the gear as shown on the plans, and added the brass tubing on the axles with a washer and cotter pin to secure the wheels. Work well, looked a little spindley. I happened to have a Proctor Nieuport landing gear assembly that had been removed from the model due to a hard landing. It was bent a little so not suitable for a scale airplane but, turned backwards and with a little tweaking here and there it fit the Pup just fine, and looks good. Proctor sells the gear assy seperately www.proctor-enterprises.com but short of that you may be able to modify the original gear with that aerodynamic shaped aluminum tubing from the hobby store.

But, the original did work just fine. you might use a bit larger diameter wire for the axle though, seems to me it bent pretty easily.

The Flair floats come with their own mounting wire so they attach and remove from the plane as an assembly-just remove the landing gear straps and mount floats or wheels, it is very simple and quick

Be sure to use a fairly stiff piece of wire for the tail skid. I think I lost the one from the kit and just used whatever I had around and it is too soft, bends all the time...in fact, I just leave it bent, I'll repace it someday.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26106.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	227837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52215.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	227838