RCU Forums - View Single Post - regular voltmeter and onboard?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 12:06 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: regular voltmeter and onboard?

John-

I do whatever it takes to save weight and piling on extra devices like telemetry and tachs, meters, etc.. while handy, adds weight. Oh well.. that's why this is a hobby.. lots a different ways to do things! I don't disagree with your approach.. just different than mine.

I have used the RCATS telemetry system before, it records everything. Very handy when setting up a plane or just testing a design..

So why the Roadstar? Why not a Road Glide or other big hog? I have a significantly hopped 02 road glide that I just love. I swapped with one of my riding friends on a day trip once... I rode the big 'star for about 150 miles.. it was quite nice.. smoother and a lot faster than the Harley, but not as comfy on the long haul.. my back started bothering me due to the seating position. I took my Harley back!

When I want to go fast I have a Ferracci Prepped Ducati 748 SPS! 107 HP and 377 pounds! The only gripe I have with that bike is that a $250 rear tire only lasts me about 500 miles... something about that damn throttle.

DP