RCU Forums - View Single Post - regular voltmeter and onboard?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 12:22 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: regular voltmeter and onboard?

Desertpig,
I do whatever it takes to save weight and piling on extra devices like telemetry and tachs, meters, etc.. while handy, adds weight. Oh well.. that's why this is a hobby.. lots a different ways to do things! I don't disagree with your approach.. just different than mine.
Agreed. There is always a different approach. I just vividly remember a posting by Hangtime concerning a Giant Scale that the battery voltage on the buss came dangerously low and they only way they caught it was with an on board system. Their solution was to use two separate NiMh packs in parallel - half the size of the original, it lowered the internal resistance of the packs and allowed it to supply the peak current necessary for the digital servos with no additional weight. So I think I'd use an onboard monitoring system at least for sorting out a new aircraft.

When I want to go fast I have a Ferracci Prepped Ducati 748 SPS! 107 HP and 377 pounds! The only gripe I have with that bike is that a $250 rear tire only lasts me about 500 miles... damn throttle.
Hot D***! If I was 20 years younger I'd love to ride something like that, actually I'd like to now. Just wouldn't be able to do it justice.

I rode the big 'star for about 150 miles.. it was quite nice.. smoother and a lot faster than the Harley, but not as comfy on the long haul..
On the other hand mine fits me better than the Sturgis did and it's much smoother above 70 mph. I rode it to the airfield and everyone was asking when I was going to get a trailer for it to tow my airplanes with.

John