RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flair Puppeteer Trust Angles
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 12:30 PM
bassman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Flair Puppeteer Trust Angles

I have cream Coverite fabric for the lower surfaces and olive drab Solartex for the uppers. I plan on painting the markings but I have been in touch with Major decals and they make some water transfer British markings that are pretty close to the right size. I have time to make that decision.
On the landing gear, although I m happy with the way the kit gear went together I think it's to short and to wide. I am going to add wood fiarings to the wires but I may just make another set that has a little closer to scale look. I'll wait until the plane is finished and see how it looks to me then. I am seriously considering putting a steerable tail wheel on it. Again I will wait till it's finished to make that decision. I have a Fokker tripalne with a tail skid that handles fine.
Funny thing, If you read one of the first posts I was having aproblem getting the tip to tip distance the same on both sides of the plane. After installing the gear I put the plane on the floor and it turns out the top wing was parallel to the floor and it's the lower wing is the one that is skewd. You can almost see it in one of teh gear pictures. I am going to have a closer look at that tonight. I'm sure that to get a 1/4 inch difference at the tip I am only going ot have to massage the saddle about a 1/16" so it should dial in just fine.

I do have floats coming.

Getting there!!!!!!!!!