RCU Forums - View Single Post - G.P.Electric Sportster
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 08:23 PM
spicedcrab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G.P.Electric Sportster

hi, yes i flew it stock 1st. i didnt actually time it, but my best guess is about 8 to 10 mins flight, just flying around no aerobatic flying, (im new) with a 8 cell 1100 pack 2/3a that i made myself i dont know the dimentions of a 4/5sc cell, but i dont beleive it will fit, if it does fit i dont think the stock motor is powerful enough to pull the extra weight, the plane needs all the power it has with my pack to get a decent take off, if you want more flight time use a lipo, 4/5sc in my opinion is not a solution, it will hurt the performance too much. my guess however if say you do try it, is that you may gain maybe 2 more mins at best since you will prob have to fly at just about full throttle to carry that much extra weight. i think this plane would fly like a dream if you go with the lipo pack, and stock motor. and then really wake it up with the e-flight outrunner 370 1360kv motor that i have, the motor is just a tad more powerful than stock motor, but what made it so great is the 1.5 ounces it weighs and i took out 4.5 ounces total weight of my plane now is 20.5 ounces. now my flight time with that same pack is about 20 mins. im going to add a lipo next, my software is estimating a 35 - 45 min flight time! i cant wait, but i cant buy everything all the same week, lol