RCU Forums - View Single Post - G.P.Electric Sportster
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 09:34 AM
spicedcrab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G.P.Electric Sportster

one more thought about were to put your money, you will have to spend about $30 or so for a regular 20 amp speed control, the 20 amp brushless controller that i bought cost me $39 so if you buy it now it will only cost you about $9 more instead of buying the reglular one. the brushless motor i bought cost $49, buy that instead of a $45 to $55 lipo pack, if you add it up you could have the really nice setup i have for only about $10 or so more than buying the gear thats required to run the stock motor. yea you wont get the lipo as part of the equation, but you will get a ton more power and a lighter plane and real long run times. then you use 8, 2/3a 1100ma cells with tabs on them so you can solder them together to make a 9.6 volt pack they cost me about a dollar a cell through mail order, i can look up the name of the company if you want, i cant remeber it right off hand. remeber, that lipo is wonderful, but the brushless motor gives you so much more for your money than the lipo does to make this a great setup. i just did a amp test at full throttle with the plane sitting still, it is pulling 7.4 amps. my guess is when you throttle back to rugular flying speed it is only pulling about 3 or 4 amps, as opposed to 7 or 8 amps with the stock motor at the same speed.