RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 08:52 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60

Hey fellas,

Well I haven't had a chance to fly the ultimate since the maiden, soooo.... on the knife edge stuff, it may just be a matter of me getting used to a different plane. My extra I roll over to knife edge and I have to hold full rudder to maintain level flight. The ultimate, I definately don't need full rudder and I probably had a bit more speed than I actually needed for knife edge again most likely due to being used to the extra. Soo I'll have to wait to get a few more flights on her before I really know for sure what's going on.

I don't consider myself a fussy builder, but missing hardware isn't really acceptable to me and I think the "y" pushrod setup is crap on a plane like this. I built the kit version also and changed it then too. I actually built and installed the Y rod and when I saw I did not have even deflection of both elevators I knew it had to go. Also I believe that the adheasive all over the plane was a freekin joke and if I did it again I would have sent the plane back. In the end however it did come out to be a good looking plane. I realize that some kits my get by below standards, and this may have been one of them. It was soo bad in my opinion that it should never have left the factory like that but hey I wanted to get it in the air so I kept it anyway. Like I said before I'm happy with it, but *when I have to do it again it will be the DP.