RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP 87" Yak-54 What do you Think?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP 87" Yak-54 What do you Think?

Nope... the JR 8411's are just fine... I was commenting on the length of the servo arms (not the control horns)...

It looks like your servo arms were/are setup on the 1.5" mark... there's been some reports of 1.5 arms inducing flutter.... or at least contributing to the destruction caused by it.

I don't really understand it all, but have heard it enough that I stay away from it.

It is more likely that is a result of a minimum servo being used and the 1.5" arm reduces the effective torque of the servo... They are measured and rated at 1" from the output shaft center... 1.5" would reduce the torque significantly (due to leverage)unless the linkage/control horn was designed to match it.

Theoretically the best advantage is a 1:1 ratio... 1" from the center of the arm, 1" from the surface pivot point.

Some may have been setting the control horn short and the servo arm at 1.5"... this would give the surface a significant leverage advantage...

ORIGINAL: Bosshossv8

Maud,

you think JR 8411 servos might have been too weak????

I have not measured the Dave Patrick horns i will measure my DuBro servo arms.,..

For three flights this thing 3D'ed well, I was High A KE and Harrier rolling it , Full Rate Ailerons were crisp and clean.

Oh, well. Motor box going together tonite. Then glass time.

If I had a 25mm tube it would fly this weekend.,

Question my tube is 920mm long , would it be ok to go shorter with a CF tube? I cant find a CF 25mm tube longer than 700.