RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anderson Kingfisher
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 03:42 AM
Kevin R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anderson Kingfisher

Hi, Sackie,
Thanks for the info. on the cooling air outlet - I just hadn't noticed it on the plan - doh......
Sounds a good idea to buy the Sig wing kit, it will save a bit of work cutting out all the ribs! I used mainly epoxy and cyano on the fuz. which I intend to skin completely in 1/16 balsa, and glass it all over with lightweight glass cloth for watertightness. Wings & tail profilmed. Wheel retracts very simple: an air cyl. on each, cyl. fitted (and pivoted) to the lower part of the ply former 2-1/2" behind step position. Instead of the square tube on plan, I fitted a short ali. round tube and made a brass rod to go through. Then make a brass arm to fit this rod, attached to rod with an Allen bolt, with a ball link to attach the operating rod to. With a bit of trial and error, wheels can be made to retract to the right place. The wheels down position is slightly back from the vertical: I fitted stops on the outsde to make sure the wheels lock up or down, in the right place. A photo would make it clear, but I don't seem to be able to get one onto this site! Good luck with the build, there seem to be a few Kingfishers under construction around the world!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20342.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	232997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82619.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	232998