RCU Forums - View Single Post - Genesis Engine Configurations???
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 11:44 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Genesis Engine Configurations???

wadsie, you can test the truck to see if the center diff lock is installed already, i know you bought the truck used, but take the truck put it on the ground, lift the front two tires off the ground with your hands, and start turning both front tires at the same time in the same direction, if the truck moves and the back tires turn at the same speed as the front tires then the lock block is already installed, if the rear wheels dont turn at the same rate as both front tires , and instead the gearbox/ spur gears try to turn by themselves, then the locker block is not installed.

If its not installed maybe you can ask the original seller if they still have the part, with third generation genesis's they come in alittle baggy as shown in one of the pics on the thread, in older genesis's the lock block was already installed in the vehicle, remember it takes quite a bit of dissassembly of the vehicle to install the lock block,

i had to basically pull the rear end of the truck, pull the engine, then loosened one of the side plate screws so i cold slide the gear box out of the genesis ( the third gear cover is a pain because it peeks through a hole in the side plate and wont allow you to slide it out. Dont break the reverse/forward gear hooked up to the servo when removing it, when you go to loosen the screw on the servo if your not holding the rod the counterclockwise motion will put pressure on the shifting lever and snap it right off ( i read this somewhere just before i went to dissassemble mine and stupid me forgot about it and broke the shift lever! grrr)

You might not have to pull the rear end off the truck, but i had super lock tited the grub screws in the drive shaft and i would basically have to heat them to get it loose so i figured i would just pull the rear end and engine and slide the telescopic front driveshaft off to make it easier than fighting with screws.