RCU Forums - View Single Post - Revver brethren, post up pics of ur planes !
Old 02-24-2005, 08:23 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Revver bretheren, post up pics of ur planes !

Cool idea...this should be a fun thread to follow....especially for inspiration!! This has been a pretty busy winter for this kid, the 'need for sport and speed' bug bit me in the fall and the result is 4 new projects.....after building many scale models, the change has been refreshing...now we just need some good weather to be able to do some flying!! [8D]

OK, so below are pics of these 4 projects (also posted in various areas of this forum):

1. Lanier Shrike 10, engine is a magnum .15 with a tuned pipe. Modifications include rotating the engine around to run the pipe under the belly and then making an integral fiberglass belly pan/shroud to protect the pipe. Finish is monokote and epoxy paint. Graphics by CustomCutGrafix.

2. ACM Whiplash. It's been painted but I still need to install the radio gear and mount the Jett FIRE 50. No modifications made. Finish is epoxy paint over testors enamel. Graphics by me.

3. Diamond Dust, built as stock basically. Modified the engine area slightly by raising the engine up 1/4" and adding a nose ring behind the spinner and fairing it in accordingly. This replaces my old Diamond Dust with a worn out K&B 6.5 RIRE...have a new identical engine for this new diamond dust. Finish is Ultracote. Graphics by CustomCutGrafix.

4. Scratch built from plans, a Microjet2. This 1/2A design has a stock Enya .09 shoehorned into it. Built basically per the plans, although some modifications were made to increase structural strength. Finish in monokote. Graphics by CustomCutGrafix.

Can't wait to fly these new birds!! Another new plane that I finished last year but haven't flown yet is a totally scrachbuilt DH Sea Hornet with twin HB 15's on it. Should sizzle as well. I'll try and post some pics later of it....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86438.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	234096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52404.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	234097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33900.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	78.7 KB