RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Contender
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 08:01 AM
sledge_78
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Contender

Miami Flyer,

I'm curious as to why you have such a wide gap in the wing/fuselage slot. I finished my Contender a few months ago and found the wing - fuselage gap was near non existent. Be cautious of your wing incidence. Since you have a noticeable gap, there may be reason to believe the wing incidence could also be affected. The Contender is a beautiful flying airplane. It literally goes where you point it. So unlike a high wing trainer. The landings are fabulous, no surprises, no tip stall, and best of all no last second corrections necessary, it doesn't float up just before landing. The only strange operational flying feature I have found was the rudder action. Applying rudder during flight seems to make the airplane "wiggle" in the turn. Nothing that dramatically affects flying, it just looks weird - You'll see. I used the modified wing tip option and the flap. I have yet to use the flap since it hasn't been necessary . I may try it on take offs to see how much shorter the take off may be. I have a OS 50sx in mine and it is more power than really, really necessary.

Sledge_78