RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alfa Models F4U-1 Corsair ARF
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Alfa Models F4U-1 Corsair ARF

Well I thought I'd add to this thread.

I'm putting my Alfa Corsair together based on the "Fly RC" setup from 10/04. I got the new Tri color version. The Jet Outrunner motor won't clear the cowl and in the review blocks were added to attach the cowl forward to get clearance BUT on the tricolor version they left the cowl on to paint and when you move it forward you get a nice white band of unpainted foam[:@]

So I had to cut away a good chunk of dummy engine to get the cowl to fit and line up properly. The entire front of the motor is exposed so cooling isn't a problem but it's not as pretty as I had hoped for. Alfa needs to paint the fuse to the firewall to allow for this.

Photos added in edit. First shows mounted motor with the mount turned around so the motor isn't protruding as much. You can see the white band of unpainted foam here. Then the front with the cowl cut. the motor's red color stands out like a sore thumb. Next I took a Sharpie marker and painted the front of the motor black. I believe this will hold up and it added no weight to affect the balance of the motor. I can always remove the marker carefully with some alcohol on a Q tip.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37982.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	236092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74169.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	236093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82012.jpg
Views:	22