RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good First Planes
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good First Planes

I know it's been a while since I've updated this thread, but I just received this excellent write-up from RCDOC on the Estarter:

GWS E-starter. This is my personal favorite. Comes with eng. 350 or 400 and has ailerons. Extremely easy to fix. I had a wing pop of in mid flight (due to a hair-line crack from an earlier tree mishap) and the plane missiled the ground from 150 ft. I was very scared since I had just put on a Himax 2812 0805 brushless. (direct bolt-on) The drive-shaft snapped off in the prop. As I found out later they are designed to do this for the reeason that nothing elses gets bent or busted. Anyhow, The shaft cost me $3.50 and I used about .50 cents of 5 min epoxy and 2 hrs later I was in the air, and it flew like new.

And we live in a very windy area next to the Rocky Mountains and we fly it in major winds (kind of a competition now) as long as you point it into the wind it can handle alot.

350 engine with a 1000 mah nimh and you get 12-15 min flights. Now I have the

HOP-UPS -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Himax 2812 0805 (direct bolt-on)
CC 25 pheonix ECS
Kokam 3-cell Li-poly 1500mah
Prop 10/4.7

WOW This thing is now a very fun to fly, take anywhere, fly upside down, with minimal down elevator, crowd pleasing, trainer with attitude and altitude.

But still flies slow if you want to (but who wants that.)

Me and my cousin and two brothers all have the E-STARTER and so far we have found no bad traits. ENJOY