RCU Forums - View Single Post - Accisdent Investigations
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Accisdent Investigations

Good example and along the lines of your story, I would like to add a piece. I have seen many fields in pictures members here provide or in the magazines where the pits and spectator areas darn near go the length of a runway. For example--Had you been doing what you did down near the end of the runway, although the guy was inexperienced and flying to much plane, should you have been in that area in the first place?

Many fields I see in pictures are just an accident waiting to happen. The majority of plane crashes happen away from everybody but a fair amount also occur right in the middle of it all and people are all to quick to just clean it up and blow it off. There are many causes to an accident that have nothing to do with the guy flying the plane.

When I was a kid back in New Hampshire and actually it is still this way 40 years later. Our town baseball field has a street going by it which parallels the third base-home plate line. It is also part of the parking area. Can you imagine all these years how many cars have had their windows busted out or cars dented by foul balls when they park 10 ft from the line. Is it avoidable? you bet!