RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

ZZ, I'm going to have to read that post a couple of times! I'm unfamiliar with the term "reflex" -- what's this? I have been wondering about how to build in washout and had just about decided it was going to be necessary to construct a specially shaped building surface. With some of the larger 2-seaters it looks like all you'd really need to do is to build a twist into your alierons.

I'd be REALLY interested to know how the Spievack plans for the DIII compare with the Polapink plans I've ordered. Any chance you could post a scan of a representative section -- and I'd do the same (in about a month when I'm back from some travel). I don't intend to build off the Polapink plans but just to use them as a sort of reference for construction problems. I'd like to keep the construction as scale as possible.

I remember the discussion of TE droop on the Halberstad DII. To bad there aren't any factory photos showing wing construction. I'd love to get some insight into how the actual builder jigged up the wing for construction. When making these WWI models I think it's really important to be able to get into the mind of the original builders.