RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:23 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

ZZ, thanks for posting these. Are those plans still available or is this something you scanned in from a magazine years ago? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy. Since I haven't seen the Polapink plans yet, I can make any comparisons. However, there do appear to be a number of "sport scale" modifications in the plans you post. Most notably in the wing airfoils. Reminds me a bit of the Funaero DIII. Also it looks to me like the shape of the LE of the stab is a bit too curved. It's really hard to compare these things until you have them side by side. I remember thinking when I first opened the box for the BUSA EIII that the fuse profile looked pretty reasonable on the plans until I compared it side by side with the Joseph Nieto drawings and then it was obvious that the BUSA fuse shape was almost a complete fantasy. It was at that point that I pretty much just tossed the plans, blew up the Nieto drawings to the same scale and started building from those.

I don't have a lot of respect for most "model plans" I've seen -- but then I haven't seen that many. And I haven't seen any of the proctor plans, or Holman plans, or...

My idea of a good set of "plans" are the sorts of drawings available at Replicraft! Still being a newbie to RC construction, I have a lot to learn about the practical aspects of construction and in this respect a good set of model plans can be of great assistance.