RCU Forums - View Single Post - A-10 Project
Thread: A-10 Project
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 09:55 PM
RockyTop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A-10 Project

Hi Doug: My formers were pretty close but I just found out that building the stub wing as per plans will make it so you can only swing 7 inch props or they will hit the wing trailing edge. I found this out after epoxying the "stub wing" in place too. Rats, mice, etc. I will not tear it back out and do another stub wing but make sure when you build yours you measure the prop clearance at the wing t.e. AND the fuse. I may just try to cut down some 8X6 props or try to cut down a couple of 7X6's 3 bladed props. I'll hook up a scale to the airplane and see what gives me the most pull. If all else fails I'll cut a coupld of 1 inch ditches in the t.e's and spin the 8 inchers. There is more than one way to get this airplane done. I don't have a digital camera but will see if I can't borrow one to post a photo or two. I'm nearly ready to cover the model and only have to finish one more engine nacelle and paint them and the stub wing and then can start to cover it. I gotta admit it does make a cool looking model airplane. The wing on mine turned out really nice and light. I used one servo and bellcranks for the ailerons. Thanks for the reply and good luck on yours. I'm retired so have time to keep working on mine a little daily and that way I don't have to review what I have done before I start work on it again. Have a good one! Ron