RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:53 AM
The PIPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

I THINK I found those Pfalz plans-they're from Flying Models magazine!

Dear Abufletcher and Zoomzoooie:

The PIPE Here yet AGAIN...and a little searching at the Flying Models magazine website at http://www.flying-models.com/ , in their OBTUSELY hard-to-navigate plans listings, FOUND the Pfalz D III plans the two of you are referring to!

These plans are listed as cat.no. CF223, by Alan Spievack, for .60 power, from the June 1971 issue of Flying Models, and are $29.00 for the set.

A reprint of the construction article can be ordered from Flying Models magazine for $3.00 extra (a MUST for such a VINTAGE set of plans!)...so NOW the two of you have got the SOURCE for those Pfalz D III plans you've been talking about!

Of COURSE, a copy of either Windsock Datafile No.21 on the Pfalz D IIIa, or a BRAND NEW Datafile No.107 on the "just earlier" Pfalz D III, would be a MUST HAVE as well to use along with Alan Spievack's planset...I'd get BOTH of them, priced at $17.25 for the No.21, and $19.70 for the NEW one on the D III, for reference on making certain the "less than scale" parts OF that model construction plan are identified, AND "corrected", with help from the Datafiles. Hannan's Runway, where I get just about ALL my Datafiles from, has their Windsock Datafile listings at http://www.hrunway.com/shop/?target=dept_3.html ...they are a GREAT place to get THOSE invaluable volumes from...and they'll even SAVE a hard-to-get copy for you if needed!

Just "one last item" to mention...I've actually MET Dr. Alan Spievack (a Cambridge, MA resident) myself, very many years ago, at a scale contest at my old RC club's field in Bridgewater, MA in the very late 1970s...he had an "oddball scale sized", somewhat between 1/6th and 1/5th scale, Sopwith 1½ Strutter with him that day, which existed LONG before the current Proctor kit of that same subject. I THINK he was really a DENTIST...and from my latest DOWNTURN in my finances from a hurting wisdom tooth that got pulled less than a month ago, I am NOT too happy about how much DENTAL WORK costs these days...but that's another matter entirely... !!!!

Hope this info helps out "at least a small bit"...

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!