RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:36 PM
The PIPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

Dear Zoomzoooie:

The PIPE Here yet again...and you're "right on" about those ODDBALL scales!!!

SOME of them. between 1/6th and 1/4th scale, do FORTUNATELY work out to close to 2.4 inches equalling 1 foot, or 1/5th scale...some of those Giant Scale aerobatic ships, though, especially those that are LARGER than 1/4th size, are REALLY oddly sized, and seem to defy easy-availability of scale accessories to make them "more" real...even though they are MOSTLY scaled that way, I suppose, to suit a particular power plant make and size. Also, a few of the "oddly scaled" WW II subjects I've seen available as plan sets are scaled that way to use a particular WHEEL size that's available on the market, and not only a particular engine size...hard to believe, but I've seen it mentioned before.

The Bristol Scout C biplane I'm choosing to model, starting very late this year, as my VERY first WW I Giant Scale project, is going to be "right on" the 25 cm=1m or 3 inch to one foot QUARTER scale size format. I'm mostly using plans I'm drawing up myself on DesignCAD 3000, here at home, for that project, and starting out with the STRUCTURAL drawing of the Scouts C and D that are in Windsock Datafile No. 44, scanned into my PC and on the DesignCAD drawing screen to trace over...as well as a small copy of the FACTORY drawing of the smaller Scout C flying rudder's framing that Hank Iltzsch sent me not very long ago, and a scan of another factory drawing of the "behind-the-pilot's-shoulders" REAR mounted oil tank system that No.1611 (Lanoe Hawker's machine he got the Victoria Cross with on July 25, 1915) had, from the pages of WW I AERO, I've got some GREAT documentation to "run with" with my PC and DesignCAD, to get THAT critical work done.

By the way, I DID meet my AMA District I's NEW Vice President...ANDY ARGENIO...at the WRAMS Show on the last weekend of February this year, and who I worked hard for last autumn, to get him elected...HE will be a great help to aeromodelers in my New England area of the USA...the photo I've attached is of myself meeting Andy that recent weekend!!!

Hope both you and Abufletcher get yourselves BOTH copies of Windsock Datafiles 21 AND 107 for your needs...I've got a basement to clean up "right now" to start to get a REAL modeler's workshop going again, something I haven't had for OVER fifteen years now!

Yorus Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25001.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	239098