RCU Forums - View Single Post - A-10 Project
Thread: A-10 Project
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
RockyTop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A-10 Project

Thank you. After much thought I have decided to remove the stub wing and build anouther one that is about 1 and 1/4 inch longer per side and with a steeper angle on it to move the props up and out enough to clear the fuse and wing with 9 inch standard props. It'll be a couple of days of extra work and a lot of extra sawdust but that way I will be able to use conventional props that will properly use the engine power. It won't look truly scale but that is OK with me as long as the airplane can operate satisfactorily. Just watch those plans because when I built this stub wing exactly as per the plans I ended up with prop clearance problems and an airplane that would look good hanging from the ceiling but wouldn't perform satisfactorily at the flying field. I checked and double checked everything on the plans but the stub wing angle and found to my dismay it was not right for a properly performing airplane. Meanwhile, I've gotta go back into the shop and make some more sawdust while tearing out the stub wing. [&o]