RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tx Rx crystal/freq mystery
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
pgitta
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tx Rx crystal/freq mystery

************** Hopefully you informed the person to whom you sold the 6EXA that you had ILLEGALLY changed the frequency so he could factor in the cost of sending it to an authorized technician for tuning. ***************

Jim,

thanks for the reasonable reply. I had thought twice about even asking this question here for fear of getting lectured by some purist and sure enough I got one.

I'll say just this. If I have a high range channel 50 and swap a channel 47 crystal in it, do my range checks, and get a perfect result, I'm going to fly, and there will not be one damn bit of risk to you legal eagles or your airplanes.

If switching the Tx crystal is such a horrible crime, they shouldn't make it plug in from outside the radio where it's accessible to anyone. It should be soldered to the PCB.

Somewhere out there no doubt there's a mattress forum, and no doubt some poor slob is getting lectured as to the seriousness of his crime at removing the original tag.

Furthermore, I choose to fly in the middle of nowhere, miles and miles from the nearest club field, for the very reasons of not wanting to hear a legal sermon from some guy who thinks he's Chuck Freakin' Yeager because he flies a toy airplane.