RCU Forums - View Single Post - LE slats and flaps-worth the effort?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 12:10 PM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LE slats and flaps-worth the effort?

Hal, you slipped a response in while I was typing mine. You may be right about the trimmers, but at least half the fun of this hobby is the building. I still have and fly my first plane, an Eagle 2. When I was learning, I drove that thing straight in one day, I about cried when I saw the number of pieces that thing was in. My flyin' bud -and instructor, said we can rebuild this. I thought he was crazy. Well, that was years ago and I have rebuilt it several times. Since moving, my new partner looked at it one day and said "the tail is cockeyed on that thing". Yep, there's no dihedral left in the wing and the 'a-- end is little crooked but she still flies. He can't fly it though! I usually fly 'my Ford' a few times before moving on to my better planes. Guess the worst thing that I come up with is to glue 'em in 'neutral'. BTW William, pretty sure the man who owns are field has a full size Helio in the hanger. Said some Japanese were looking at it to purchase for a rebuild-Don't make 'em anymore?