RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jetcat P-60 vs. Wren MW54 full auto...
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Gazzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetcat P-60 vs. Wren MW54 full auto...

Rory,

Obviously I have my figures wrong, my apologies, no intention to mislead!!!

I can honestly say not only was it interesting to build, but intriguing, and seriously I am no engineering expert but it went together as it should. That said, I am confident that should I need too, then replacement and diagnosis and of course the inevitable service, mean I am quite comfortable in stripping it down and doing "whatever" is required to resolve.

I can also claim to have built a jet turbine engine, great conversation piece!!

Unlike any of my OS 4 or even 2 stroke engines, which I have never stripped down, the components in a turbine are modest and of low number, the principals are very basic.

Put this way, should you have an arrival at some point, then you will be much more inclined to take the engine apart and check it out thoroughly rather than send it off for a fee, just in case, because it looks like it is ok, and it probably didn't get any FOD. I will bet that a lot of people who have had an arrival with a pre assembled engine, checked it out as thoroughly as they could before starting it again, but this check in real terms would only be cursory. If you had built the kit yourself, then you would be quite happy to dissassemble, check and rebuild. A full build only takes about 4 to 6 hours, (ignore Treadstones thread, he's just making a meal of it, 3 weeks for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!) so a strip, check and assembly is probably an hour at most.

Peace of mind eh?

I can sense you need to come off the fence, if the wife is threatening to divorce you, and that would really get in the way of your hobbies. Jets are like morphine, but easier to come by!!!

But the choice has to be yours, remember the T close, if its even do it on budget.

Gazzer