RCU Forums - View Single Post - converting a stihl
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:11 AM
bofrcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: converting a stihl

Hey! guy!! Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you! I haunt the chain saw shops,,and outdoor power equipment stores,, you'll find that most of the guy's in the saw shops already are aware of the use of these engines in our planes. Once you get to know these guy's,,and it'll take dropping in on a weekly basis,,let them know what your looking for. At a shop where I patronize,,the mechanic saw me walk in one day,,hollered at me to come back in the shop,,and wanted to know if I would be interested in an engine,,and pulled out a echo twin!!! I about fell on the floor!! The BME engine is the direct decendant of this!!,,turning the engine over,,I soon found out it was shot,[&o], I think it would be interesting pursuing that,, you also nose around garage sales,, estate sales,,etc. there's LOT'S of engines out there!! If you want to go much above 5 cu. ",,you'll have to consider the twin,,as the reciprocating dynamics have a lot of counterwieght on the crankshaft,,making it heavy,,and shake too. I also have a 3w-100 and a da150,,both smooth engines. ok,,,I'll stop rambling,,,any more questions,,feel free to ask!!