RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 03-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

While not perfect, I'd venture to say that the rudder centerline is certainly within tolerance for even the best ARF... looks to be half a hinge off and I wouldn't sweat it... now the stabs being off from the wing as much as shown is certainly an issue that needs addressed and it appears as if Chris is offering excellent options.

Either a discount for competent builders or a replacement fuse. Seems someone with your adept skills of measuring could easily adjust the plane and pocket the $100.

Of course some might do both I suppose effectively paying $100 for a replacement fuse... though they'll probably have to wait a couple months for the new Yaks to come in. This issue may even delay them another month to make sure the problem is resolved in all new airframes.

Yes, mine exhibits the same problem. One of the original 20 flown in. I'll fix the problem myself and let Chris keep the $100 as a deposit on my 100cc Yak.

And if I wasn't going in the hospital next Tuesday, I'd fly the crap out of it and enjoy it immensely I'm sure.

It is an investment and I'll be the first one to defend a consumer's right to get a true plane out of box (as I'm sure Chris would) and if you simply aren't capable of this minor mod, then by all means call Chris to arrange a replacement. But I truly feel that people will get the best value if they perform the "fix" and fly it 3 months sooner PLUS get an extra $100 back. (Or buy the CF spinner, a backup Yak, etc)

You can rest assured that if Chris had ANY NOTION that any of these planes had issues they would not have been sent out. With this "fix" he's hoping to be able to get people in the air instead of them being quite deflated at the idea of waiting.

It's your choice.

ORIGINAL: Dave763

Here it is again the string is in the center of the fin running vertically.