RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 03-08-2005, 01:56 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: RREEL

Guys, I have a simple fix for those of you who have a strait fuse but the the stab is a liitle off. I have done this before on some of my 40%er's with great results. I will try to explain this the best I can and will post pictures later to help you better understand. No recoverering is required. first take a fine dremel bit and route all the way around the fixed stab tube on one side of the fuse, completely freeing it on one side only. Did I mention how easy this is? Next mix up some 30 min. epoxy with micro balloons or milled fiber to a THICK consistancy. Fill the gap you just routed out and make sure the inside of the tube is cleaned of any excess epoxy. Then insert the carbon tube and take some toothpicks or some other small shem material and stick it in between the the fuse and the fixed stab tube ( in the epoxy) where needed to adjust for a perfect alignment to the wing tube. Simply let the epoxy cure, remove carbon tube and carefully sand flush any excess. This whole process takes no time at all and will get you in the air quickly with perfect results. For those of you who who do not feel comfortable doing this or those with more serious problems, Fear Not. Chris will take of you ASAP! I will try to get detailed pics or video of this fix shortly. It really is very easy and takes less time than mounting the wheelpants. I hope this helps.
Problem with that is, even though your stab will now be parallel to your wing, your rudder won't be purpendicular to the wing OR stab, and you will still end up with pitch coupling...