RCU Forums - View Single Post - ntc3 + O.S. 18tz = ?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Saboteur10573

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ntc3 + O.S. 18tz = ?

ORIGINAL: TehArrow

ORIGINAL: Saboteur10573

TZ is way to powerful. You'll get owned by something less powerful running around a few cones even. Foams won't help either. They dont hook up just anywhere. Better luck is to back the CVR for $90 and spend the other $90 on a pipe and xtra plugs. Thats the better way to shop IMO.

i cant help but think that you are just jealous of the engine or somthing, HAVE YOU TRIED IT IN A TC3?????? because i have......i own one. ive been running it on the crappy stock rubbers on an unprepped salt and pebble covered surface and i have not experienced any of the stuff you talk about... so im sorry to knock down your thoery. sure a newb will be likely to mash the throttle, but you learn pretty fast you cant. if i remeber correctly the engine is only like 15 grams heavier then some .12's and the car seems to be still pretty balanced (without fuel the car still wants to lean towards the servo side).

in my opinion its the perfect engine for a basher who wants speed. you dont go racing with a .18 anyways and if you do your competition will probly be other .18's
Hah. We've tried it in Serpents, NTC3s, R40s, and other cars. I didnt make a theory. The engines weight has nothing to do with it nor handling. Just tossing foams on a car doesn't boost handling either without a good setup and buying the right compound. Not all places are great for foams and we all don't have the best asphalt/concrete conditions. It was done testing with a few drags around the track. If you raced nitro onroad like I did, you'd know even for messing around you'd get owned by something less powerful. It's not about mashing the throttle either. The TZ has a strong powerband in the lower to mid section where you'll even slide out from standing position so for that "Let me try pressing the trigger lightly thing" forget about it. Also if you noticed the NTC3 being shaft has a bit more punch that a belt. Either way, it was too powerful for belt or shaft. Come to my home track, like a few newbs did with their TZs in their onroads and they were put to shame with RB V12 3 ports, NS12s, and everything else. For messin around it's cool, but my point is that it would suck to constantly keep pulling 360s. In my time I faced too many newbs who lacked info about the hobby. The things I heard from them was worth a conversation with at the LHS...who's been makin a ton of money off them, because they were told to get the wrong things, or bought something they'd "benefit" from. Just to prove my point, I have a vid of an R40 with Wasp .12 Turbo vs a Serpent 705 w/ OS .18TZ. The R40 was about a foot behind after lined up for a drag on the straight, but on the turns and infield it smoked that Serpent. He even lapped the car later on. This is just for parkinglot bashing too.

vdubnut- OS makes the .18CVR, .18TM (for Tmaxx) and .18TZ. You can look at em here ---> www.osengines.com. Since the Super nitro is bigger, it does need a good engine with enough torque to get it moving. The .18cvr is there for that. It has enough RPM and HP to get it screaming. Set up the gear mesh between the two speed properly otherwise you can strip either gear. Which 2speed do you have? As far as I remember, my buddies only used the single gear since the 2speed cam styles for the SN always shifted too hard and that kinda made the car a bit unstable and or resulted in ruined gears. Try it out though and see how she runs.