RCU Forums - View Single Post - cmp p47 thunderbolt
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 05:58 PM
hellcat56
My Feedback: (21)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cmp p47 thunderbolt

I threw away the plastic kwik links and all of their wire, The landing gear is very spongy, but that has its advantages, after a few touch and go's I would just bend the gear back into position-this is really no big deal
I built it exactly per the instructions with one exception I fiberglassed the center section with 1 1/2 in cloth,Yes the tail seams flimsly but I have put some stress on this and no failure.
I did smoke the panel lines on with an airbursh, I used larger wheels and I used a three bladed prop just because I though it looked better, I did not smoke the glass--I painted the cockpit area black and what you see is the black cockpit area, if you look close you can see through the glass to the floor on the other side.
I used the supplied pushrods and moved everthing I could as far forward as possible
I just like the kit--I am doing a FW 190 of the supplier and it has been totally repainte and should test fly tomorrow, I'll post a picture on here later--even though it is a P 47 site-just to let you know what can be done with a little extra work.
As for where to buy one jet-hobbies.com to me has the best price, excellent service and seem like nice people.