RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pattern start
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 09:16 PM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pattern start

ORIGINAL: Xrod

Ocala contest is coming up and I'm not even sure if my manuevers look like what the rest of the country is flying or not, I only have a description from the AMA rulebook. I think this is shame.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Do a search on my posts, and have fun reading the crap I get into with some of pattern's "elite". If anyone should be sour towards pattern, it would be me.

Not so. You have yet to attend a D3 contest, you are only exposed to a couple of individuals. THEY are not pattern, they are pattern flyers. There is a difference.

Go to Ocala. In fact be there by noon Friday. At the field ready to fly. I'll help you. I'm sure I told you that once before. I find it hard to believe nobody around there will help, that just baffles me....like I'm missing something.

You fly pattern for you, not for "them". You WILL meet great and like minded people if you attend contests. But not every single one will be easy to get along with or even care about helping. I've yet to see a person get fed to the lions in D3 at a contest. That's why hackles aren't going up in D3, cuz I haven't seen it. But then again maybe I'm not even looking?

Or not. Your call!

-Mike