RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:28 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

Here's a low quality photo of 3 or the 5 pages of the Polapink plans (from AZM) just for comparison purposes. Like all plans, they're a combination of plusses and minuses. On the plus side the outlines all look pretty scale (haven't given them a thorough evaluation yet) and it seems like a practical design. On the minus side, the construction is not has scale internally as I had hoped.

Two things I will want to check carefully are the number of ribs (top and bottom) and length of the "half ribs.' Also I'd like to be able to confirm (or disconfirm) that the DIIIa had a solid skinned center section on the top wing. It looks like that on a number of photos and drawngs and Tom's plans show center sheeting.

Ultimately I don't think I could ever really be satisfied with any "model" plans. I think I prefer to work off of the "real deal" or as close to it as I can get. In the case of the Pfalz DIII I think that's the Flugsport drawings.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73007.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	243815