RCU Forums - View Single Post - Easy fix for glo motors KICKS
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 06:10 PM
jessiej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Easy fix for glo motors KICKS

[Elitist I am not. Some people on this thread did not understand the application of this piece of equipment yet were still critical of it. Not exactly an open minded attitude.]

Actually more people than you suspect grasped the use and function of this product, which I am sure you will agree fits a rather small niche market. While I am sure you did not intend to appear eletist I fear that was the tone of your post.

My concern is that while the vast majority of modelers will have no use for this product the tone this thread has taken seems to have pitted the (elete, professional, upper class, knowledgeabel or whatever term you choose) aganst what is doubtless the vast majority of the market for products aimed at our hobby.

In model aviation there has always been a small group at the most esoteric end of the hobby who have a need for a product that is, at best, unneeded by all the "spear carriers." C/L speed is a good example, or perhaps the $3-5,000 "rubber band models" used in international Wakefield competition (far more complex than the vast majority of RC models BTW) .

My point being that manufacturers, marketers , and consumers need to be aware of the purpose of the product, and not demeaning of those who lack either the desire or need for that device.

jess