RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews
Old 03-16-2005, 12:10 PM
cptsnoopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera DragonFly #35 CCPM Electric RC Helicopter Reviews

well im as new as anyone it seems. i did get lucky though and my first elect heli was given to me so no money out there. it was the walkera DF4 and other than needing the blades balanced and the blade to hub screws tighened it flew great. then, both servos went bad and i had a little trouble with the tail motor but it seems fine now after a looksy into it. i just got a used 22d and it seems ok. the blades are already balanced and it seems to run fine. the servos chatter quite alot. the worst is the left-right cyclic. if i push the control stick to the right and release it is almost quiet. as far as i can tell these are original walkera 22d servos. i am going to buy three GWS servos and see if the chatter goes away. it did when i replaced the servos on the DF4. i am having trouble with the tail on the 22d being a bit unstable. i am hoping the new servos may prove to be the fix for the random tail turn... if I see a good deal on a #35 it will be the next in the stable... one thing i have noticed so far from all the reading about walkera heli's is that you cannot just fly them out of the box without risking early failure of the main gear or other component from it not being setup properly at the factory. it's too bad that everyone looking at these does not always know to look for more info before trying to fly them. i think alot more success would be had if walkera would have the buyer look over the heli or get someone who knows how to do that before the first flight. And thanks to everyone here posting their experiences to help educate us newbees!